Zscaler and Viptela Solution Brief
The leaders in enterprise SD-WAN and cloud-based security are delivering a joint solution to transform your network with confidence, providing cost savings, security, operational efficiency, and scalability.
Viptela provides the elegance and simplicity of the best architected SD-WAN solution to 100s of Fortune 500 companies today. The Viptela Secure Extensible Network (SEN) solution is an industry-leading platform that delivers secure endto-end network virtualization. Enterprises can use the SEN solution to build large-scale networks with zero touch bringup, full integration of routing, security, centralized policy, and orchestration. The result is a network that is easy to manage and more cost efficient to operationalize empowering Enterprises to deliver on their business objectives.
Zscaler provides the world’s leading cloud-based security platform, delivering superior security without the need for on-premises hardware, appliances, or software. Zscaler puts a perimeter around the Internet, so you don’t need to put a perimeter around every office. The Zscaler Cloud Security Platform acts as a series of security check posts in more than 100 data centers around the world. By simply redirecting your Internet traffic to Zscaler, you can instantly secure your stores, branches, and remote locations. Zscaler sits between users and the Internet, inspecting every byte of traffic — even if it’s encrypted or compressed — so that you can secure all your users and catch hidden threats before they get into your network.
- Slash network costs: Move your applications to the cloud while migrating WAN connections from MPLS to hybrid-WAN
- Boost operational efficiency: Network changes can now be made in hours, instead of months, with centralized management, zero-touch capabilities, and cloud security
- Provide impregnable security for your application traffic: Zscaler offers comprehensive security, data protection, visibility, and control for Internet and cloud applications, while the Viptela SD-WAN solution provides encryption throughout the enterprise network
- Easy-to-secure Internet breakouts: With Zscaler cloud-based security, there’s no need for on-premises security appliances
- Deliver network intelligence: Get unprecedented visibility into application traffic, as well as application-aware routing with exact security policies
- Easy-to-manage solution for guest WiFi and mobile workers:: Deploy a joint solution based on Zscaler Shift that is both simple to deploy and easy to manage that enforces security policies for visitors and/or mobile employees.
ZSCALER SHIFT AND VIPTELA
Zscaler Shift combines advanced DNS-based URL filtering with automated inline threat protection. Shift can be configured in minutes, enabling instant policy enforcement. Viptela VPN segmentation can also enforce differing Shift policies per location. This joint solution not only addresses guest WiFi but also mobile worker use cases.
Zscaler is revolutionizing Internet security with the industry’s first security-as-a-service platform, used by more than 5,000 leading organizations, including 50 of the Fortune 500. Zscaler is a Gartner Magic Quadrant leader for Secure Web Gateways and delivers a safe and productive Internet experience for every user, from any device, and from any location — 100% in the cloud. Zscaler delivers unified, carrier-grade Internet security, next-generation firewall, web security, sandboxing/advanced persistent threat (APT) protection, data loss prevention, SSL inspection, traffic shaping, policy management, and threat intelligence — all without the need for on-premises hardware, appliances, or software. To learn more, visit us at www.zscaler.com.
Viptela provides Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) technology that virtualizes WAN infrastructure. The platform allows global companies to build carrier-agnostic, policy-controlled, and cost-effective WANs. Viptela has been deployed at thousands of sites by more than 25 Fortune-500 enterprises; and major carriers including Verizon and Singtel are using Viptela to deliver managed SD-WAN services. The company has been named a Gartner Cool Vendor and a Next Billion Dollar Startup by Forbes. Viptela is backed by Sequoia Capital and headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit: www.viptela.com or follow @viptela on Twitter.