Bloomberg, Visa & Gap: Network Architects Share SDWAN Transformation with PacketPushers (ONUG 2015)
The Software Defined WAN is rapidly moving into mainstream and companies with large WANs are already deploying SD-WAN technology from companies like Viptela. This live show recorded with a panel of large US corporates like Gap, Bloomberg and Visa who are well advanced into projects to deploy SD-WAN in their Enterprise networks, and talk about the process and positioning of SD-WAN solutions.
Its an eye opening experience to hear stories from people who are testing and deploying the technology today and to talk about issues around SD-WAN that mattered to them.
- Partial / Risk free migration
- Internet as WAN
- Application aware routing (better than best & only path)
- Zero Touch provisioning through controller platform
Panelists Talk About Misconceptions in SDN
- SDN is not reliable / controller failure.
- SD-WAN security.
- Can we do Multicast on SD-WAN ?
- SD-WAN and scale ?
- Is SD-WAN proven and trustworthy ? Is it too new ?
- Programmability – Do you have to be a programmer to run an SD-WAN ?
- Voice SLA? Could the Internet be better than your existing private and dedicated WAN
Application Control – the value of real packet analytics and big data.