Services and Operations Leader
Develops supply chain strategy to support Viptela’s business strategy, goals and objectives. Directs execution of supply chain primarily through outsourced supply chain partners. Leads supplier and manufacturing partner selection, negotiation, and management. Implements supply chain processes and procedures in support of Supply Chain Strategy. Responsible for executing demand planning and supply/demand balancing processes. Accountable for delivery, quality, and metrics including lead-time, on time delivery, build plan execution, inventory, material liability, product cost, and product quality and reliability.
- Leads forecasting and supply/demand planning process, collaborating cross-functionally with Sales, Product Management, Finance and Operations Teams. Leads monthly Demand Planning process focused on short to medium term planning and decision-making to optimizing customer service levels, operational costs and revenue attainment.
- Leads process for supply-demand balancing, constraints, allocations and forward looking projections.
- Works with Engineering, Product Management and Operations teams to identify suppliers of critical technology and components including third party products, peripherals and accessories.
- Develops and maintain close relationships with suppliers and manufacturing/logistics partners and ensures they execute supply chain in support of Viptela delivery, cost and quality goals.
- Implements manufacturing, distribution or logistics partner launch or exit as needed to support execution of Viptela’s supply chain strategy.
- Ensures adequate inventory levels are maintained to maximize customer satisfaction and minimize cost.
- Executes order management and fulfillment processes.
- Analyzes supply chain strategy and execution. Identifies opportunities for improvement. Develops and implements improvements or resolutions.
- Expert in supply chain aspects of business systems.
- Analyzes costs, identify cost reduction opportunities and drive cost reductions with suppliers as well as internal Engineering and Operations teams.
- End-to-end supply chain expertise and experience
- Experience leading forecasting, planning and supply/demand balancing processes.
- Business systems (ERP, PLM, CRM) selection, integration and utilization expertise and experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making skills.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal) and presentation skills.
- Ability to be hands-on team member in start-up environment while visualizing and scaling strategy, processes, organization and supply chain to meet future needs.
- None for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field
- 10-12 years’ experience leading Operations/Supply Chain/Manufacturing organizations
- Successful hands-on supply chain management experience across various disciplines.
- Experience in a highly outsourced, global, high tech supply chain
- Experience implementing ERP (Oracle, SAP, NetSuite)