We are looking for a hands-on Payroll and Benefits Specialist who will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our global benefits and equity plans in compliance with benefits and stock plan documentation, Viptela’s policies and governing rules and regulations. The ideal candidate will be a team player, who can provide timely services with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. The Payroll and Benefits Specialist will report to the Director of Human Resources with dotted line to the Controller and work at our head office in San Jose.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities
- Maintain and update payroll database system.
- Record, maintain and update payroll procedures.
- Migrate employee data from outsourced ADP payroll system to Viptela’s payroll database and keep employee information up to date.
- Maintain employee records for bonuses, pay changes, and terminations.
- Process payroll, including updating employee numbers, hours, garnishments, etc.
- Conduct audits of tax forms, payroll balance sheets, and benefits.
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal and local regulations, auditing, and non-discrimination laws.
- Prepare payroll and benefits related reports.
Stock Plan Administrator Responsibilities
- Administer, record and document transactions, such as grants, and payments.
- Correspond with employees to answer inquiries and resolve account related issues.
- Maintain eShares stock administration system.
- Attend to other duties related to stock administration.
Benefits Administrator Responsibilities
- Administration of health insurance, life insurance and workers’ comp insurance for Viptela’s domestic and international employees.
- Administration of 401k and international pension schemes.
- Serve as the primary contact for brokers and international benefits third party administrators.
- Oversee employee education about company benefits and enrollment in programs.
- Perform benefit plan audits and recommend cost reduction or optimization strategies.
- Administer PTO, FMLA/CFRA and sick leaves.
- Maintain records and procedures for the administration process.
- Provide customer support to both internal and external customers.
- Maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is a full-time exempt position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
This position reports to the Director Human Resources (dotted line to Controller).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree
- 4+ years of payroll administration experience, of which at least 2 years have included supporting international payroll administration
- 2+ years benefits and stock administration experience in a multi-national company Experience with equity administration systems
- Experience with U.S. federal and state taxation relating to equity compensation and general knowledge of global taxation of equity compensation and health insurance products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly team player with an ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good analytical, communication and organizational skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience with e-Shares stock administration software
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Viptela is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.