Manage accounting departments providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Financial Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department. Recruiting, staff selection, and management of staff to support the workload in an efficient and effective manner is critical to meet the requirements of the position.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is a full-time exempt position. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
This position requires minimal travel, but may increase as the organization scales and becomes more global.
This position reports to the SVP of Operations and Finance.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA certification.
- Ten years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Private and Start-Up companies.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Public company.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.